Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day One

Today is the day I start my healthier life! I have been pinning healthy recipes and workouts on Pinterest all week. I also started a grocery list for myself and a meal plan for every week. Week one starts January 5th. I am very excited to see how it goes. These are some of the recipes I'm going to try for lunch and dinner next week:

Skinny Pasta Salad: This recipe comes from Skinny Mom: http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/05/14/skinny-pasta-salad/

Mexican Rice and Bean Burrito: This recipe is from http://skinnyms.com/spinach-bean-burrito-wrap/#5ghUxh8JExYVx3VA.99


My plan is to prepare everything on Sunday after church and then store it in the fridge until I need it. I also want to make a snack drawer in my fridge with pre-cut fruits and vegetables so I can make healthy snacks more accessible. Its better than just opening up a bag of chips which is what I'm used to doing. I'm hoping that by planning ahead and preparing early in the week, that I will be able to better achieve this goal. 


My Meal Plan for Week One:

Jan 5.
Breakfast: Oatmeal with Toast
Lunch: Turkey Roll Up
Dinner: Chicken Breast with Greens

Jan 6.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with berries
Lunch: Pasta Salad
Dinner: Mexican Rice and Beans in a Tortilla

Jan 7.
Breakfast: Eggs and Whole Wheat Toast
Lunch: Turkey Roll Up
Dinner: Pesto and Pasta with grilled chicken

Jan 8.
Breakfast: Oatmeal and fruit
Lunch: Pasta Salad
Dinner: Mexican Chicken on Rice

Jan 9.
Breakfast: Eggs on Toast
Lunch: Turkey Roll Up
Dinner: Chicken Breast Salad

Jan 10. Left Overs

Jan 11. Left Overs
~Em

No comments:

Post a Comment